McNeese (308, +24) and Lamar (311, +27) will get their days started at 8:45 a.m. while UIW (314, +30) and Stephen F. Austin (318, +34) will lead off the groups for the second consecutive day at 8 a.m. HBU’s sophomore Alisa Chong tops the player leaderboard after being the only one to shoot an even par on the day. She tallied 16 pars and a birdie. Teammate junior Kaity Cummings trails by two shots and is third heading into tomorrow. UCA freshman Geraldine Wong carded the lone eagle of the round and will tee off with Chong at 10:51 a.m. CT Tuesday. The two teams will begin their day at 10:15 a.m. HBU led all teams in pars with 56 while Lamar recorded the most birdies for the round at 13. The opening hole, a 426-yard, par 4, provided the most trouble for the day with only 12 competitors recording an even par or better. The No. 11 hole was the friendliest for the field with the teams combining to shoot a .05-under average for today. Tournament Page MONGTOMGERY, Texas – Defending tournament champion Houston Baptist leads the field after day one of the 2018 Southland Conference Women’s Golf Championship at Woodforest Golf Club in Montgomery, Texas. The Huskies (297, +13) hold a two-stroke advantage over Central Arkansas (299, +15), the top ranked team heading into the tournament. Separated by just one shot, Sam Houston State (305, +21) and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (306, +22) will tee off at 9:30 a.m. Bearkat sophomore Tori Gatling leads her team after shooting a 75 in the first round. She will pair with the Islanders sophomore Autumn Bynum, who is tied for fourth individually after scoring a 74.
Queens Park Rangers wing-back Mauricio Isla 1 QPR defender Mauricio Isla is still smiling despite swapping another Serie A title shot for a relegation scrap.The Chilean right-back joined the Rs in the summer on a season-long loan from Juventus after winning two consecutive top-tier titles in Italy.Juve are top of the table again while Rangers are second from bottom in the Premier League. But Isla does not regret his decision despite getting stick from back home.“Coming here was my decision and the Juventus directors allowed me to join,” he said.“I’m really really happy here, this is where I want to be. People may ask if it was a tough decision to leave Juventus, because they are always at the the top of the league and QPR are fighting relegation.“Bu all I wanted to do was play football and I’m very happy that it is happening. I am doing very well here and I want to stay here.“A lot was said, especially back home in Chile, when I took the decision to move to QPR. They said it was the wrong decision and asked, ‘why would you leave a side like Juventus who are always fighting for trophies and go to a club just fighting relegation?’“But I was convinced about my decision to come here. I wanted to play and play Premier League football. I wanted to play for this club, QPR and be a regular here. I want to be here.”
1 Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a free agent after leaving Paris Saint-Germain Manchester United are close to signing Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, reports said on Friday.Sky Sports News report that Ibrahimovic’s representatives and United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward were putting the finishing touches to a one-year deal to take the 34-year-old to Old Trafford.Ibrahimovic ended his spell at Paris St Germain after a domestic treble-winning season with the French giants, and has refused to state his next destination.He has been repeatedly linked with United, and a reunion with his former Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho who was appointed as manager last week.They were both at Inter in the 2008/09 season, before Ibrahimovic moved on to Barcelona.According to Sky Sports, United hope to have the deal complete before Euro 2016 begins on June 10.Ibrahimovic has previously been linked with clubs in China, as well as the likes of AC Milan and other English sides.He said on May 26: “I have a great relationship with Mourinho and we are in contact, but not in the last weeks – we have been talking for many years.”He added, in the press conference held a day before United announced Mourinho’s appointment: “I believe he is the man to take them back to the top. Wherever he went he has won. He knows what he is doing. If you want to win, you bring Mourinho.“I had a fantastic time with him when I was working with him – so working again with him…?“When I left Inter I said we had had a short time together but a great time. If we will work together again, I don’t know. Let’s see how things play out.“I don’t give guarantees – but there are concrete offers from the Premier League, so let’s see what happens.”
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card If those conditions are met, “I’ll be more than happy to apologize for offending people; I’ll apologize all day long,” Handel said in a live 12-minute response to CAIR’s complaint. He said the station had received hundreds of letters from all over the world demanding an apology. “CAIR’s record is clear. We’ve had numerous statements denouncing terrorism and all the things he was talking about,” said CAIR spokeswoman Sabiha Khan. She called Handel’s conditions a smoke screen for his refusal to take responsibility for his remarks. A Los Angeles radio personality said Monday that he would apologize for an on-air skit that made fun of the deaths of hundreds of Muslims, but only if an Islamic civil-rights group denounces terrorism and acknowledges Israel’s right to exist. The Council of American Islamic Relations demanded the apology last week after KFI-AM (640) host Bill Handel made fun of the deaths of at least 363 Muslims during a stampede at an annual pilgrimage in Mecca. According to CAIR, Handel imitated the people screaming and then joked that the Muslims should use a helicopter to monitor pilgrimage traffic, as is done with Los Angeles’ freeway traffic. On his program Monday, Handel said he would apologize, but only if CAIR agreed to denounce “all bombing or attacks where intended victims are innocent citizens,” to acknowledge Israeli sovereignty and to verify that the group has never had connections with any terrorist group or sponsor. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
1 Manchester City and Manchester United will go head-to-head to land Monaco star Bernardo Silva this summer.The 22-year-old has been tracked by a host of clubs across Europe but, according to reports in France, it is set to be a straight fight between City and United for his signature when the transfer window opens.Silva has been an integral part of the Monaco side which has reached the Champions League semi-final and is on course to win the French title.But he could be set to draw a line under his time on the Mediterranean coast following three seasons with the club.After 10 goals and 12 assists so far this term, his stock has risen dramatically and it has been suggested that Monaco will not sell for any less than £45m.Then, should United and City both stump up that cash, it will be down to Silva as to which side of Manchester he ends up on. Bernardo Silva in action for Monaco
Ulster League – Dromore 0-7, Na Cealla Beaga 0-12KILLYBEGS are though to the semi-final of the Ulster Senior League after a five point win in Co Tyrone today.The Co Donegal side beat Dromore by 12 points to seven. QUINN’S CORNER ULSTER CLUB SENIOR FOOTBALL LEAGUE GROUP CPOSITIONTEAMPOINTSPLAYEDWONLOSTDRAWNFORAGAINST1Na Cealla Beaga9540149292Castleblayney8530263563An Droim Mór Naoimh Damhnait7531163554Moortown St Malachy’s4523070815Glenullin0404030396Steelstown040403146GAA: KILLYBEGS GO TOP OF ULSTER SENIOR LEAGUE GROUP C was last modified: March 3rd, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GAA: KILLYBEGS GO TOP OF ULSTER SENIOR LEAGUE GROUP C
Donegal v Monaghan takes place in O’Donnell Park this Sunday, March 2nd and the following traffic restrictions will be in place:O’Donnell Park in Letterkenny.Road closure at Blacks Junction (Bottom of Convent Road) from 12:30pm.Access only to residents of Ballymacool/Kirkstown/Conwal, vehicles with passes, disabled drivers and match officials. Non match traffic will be diverted at Dunnes Stores/Station House roundabout via Oldtown.Match traffic will be diverted into Retail Parks car parks and LYIT car park. There will be some signs at various Car Parks for match parking.Shuttle bus service from The Station House Hotel / Old Dunnes Stores to O’Donnell Park.No parking for match traffic at GAA ground. No parking on Kirkstown road near GAA grounds or in vicinity of Ballymacool Woods. Non match traffic from Glenties direction will be diverted at Newmills via Rockhill from 1pm. Local residents, HGVs and buses will be permitted access.Match traffic from Glenties direction will be diverted into local car parks. When these car parks are approaching capacity match traffic from Glenties direction will be turned at Glenties side of O’Donnell Park and parked on left hand side of road outbound.Please follow the directions of Match Stewards and an Garda Síochana at all times. TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS AND PARKING GUIDELINES RELEASED FOR DONEGAL GAME IN LETTERKENNY was last modified: February 27th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalMonaghanO’Donnell ParkRESTRICTIONS
DDTV: He has been our most ardent critic – so when Pat Spillane bumped into some Donegal supporters after yesterday’s match, you can imagine the reaction.Donegal Daily reader Hugh McMonagle was there…to capture it on video!Great craic altogether. DDTV: SEE WHAT HAPPENED WHEN PAT SPILLANE MEETS DONEGAL FANS AT CROKER was last modified: August 27th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTV: SEE WHAT HAPPENED WHEN PAT SPILLANE MEETS DONEGAL FANS AT CROKER
SharePrint RelatedGIFF films due next week!July 24, 2018In “News”GIFF starts this weekend — log your Will Attend now!November 6, 2018In “News”Geocaching International Film Festival 2018 in reviewNovember 29, 2018In “News” Share with your Friends:More The countdown to the 2018 Geocaching International Film Festival has begun! From November 8-12, 2018, the 16 GIFF films that made the final list will be shown at GIFF events hosted by geocachers all over the world. Log your “Will Attend” at an event near you!Are you hosting a GIFF Event? It’s time to start thinking about what logbook you’ll have around for your guests to sign! We’ve searched the last three years of worldwide GIFF Events for the most inventive and beautiful handmade logbooks around. Take inspiration from some of these:
Early adopters often make good news stories. Some of the most popular focus on early adopter compulsion: the spectacle of thousands of people lining up to purchase an electronic gadget – a game console, cell phone, video player, laptop, or tablet computer – the day it is released.But there also are stories about early adopters whose behavior is driven not by a need to stand at the forefront of high-tech consumerism – an exasperating cause, in many cases, since improved iterations are launched only months later – but by rational assessments of the long-term benefits of a new product, technology, or strategy that involves a far larger financial and emotional commitment than the latest electronic gewgaw. That notion came to mind over the weekend with the publication of a New York Times story about a home being built in Norwich, Vermont, to meet the Passivhaus standard.Passive House’s early adopter status in the U.S.The story, “Can We Build a Brighter Shade of Green?,” offers a consumer-oriented overview of the Passivhaus strategy and the perspectives of Barbara and Steven Landau, who have been working with architecture firm ZeroEnergy Design and builder Bensonwood Homes as they wend their way through the details of equipping the 2,700-sq.-ft. house to their liking while also keeping the calculations for its eventual performance in line with Passive House requirements.What’s encouraging about the Times piece is that, thanks to the paper’s relatively large distribution in print and vast reach online, it can add significantly to the consumer conversation about energy efficient homes in general and their highest performance standard, Passive House, in particular, whether the focus is comfort, upfront costs, energy savings, durability, environmental concerns, or all of the above.It’s also helpful that the article, which includes comments by Passive House Institute U.S. director Katrin Klingenberg, points out the disparity between Passive House adoption in Europe, where the standard has been applied to almost 25,000 structures, and its adoption in the United States, where it has been applied to a little more than a dozen new buildings so far, with a few dozen more aiming for Passive House certification.A quest for performance, but not necessarily certificationThe Landaus’ three-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath house is designed to include R-60 above-grade walls, an R-87 roof, R-36 basement walls, and an R-75 basement slab, according to ZeroEnergy Design. Whereas the price premium for building a similar structure in Europe would be just under 5%, in the United States it is about 15%. Design and construction costs for the Landau house likely will top $550,000.“If we were in Europe, most of the materials and equipment would be off-the-shelf and readily available from local suppliers,” Bensonwood Homes’ owner, Tedd Benson, told the paper. “And they would have already been vetted and certified by the Passivhaus Institut (in Darmstadt, Germany), with their performance specifications already linked into the passive-house software. Here, we have to invent the systems and try to find the materials, products and equipment that will help us meet the passive-house standards.”But for all she and her husband have invested in the airtightness, insulation, equipment, and amenities in the house, Barbara Landau added that earning Passive House certification is secondary to having a comfortable, energy efficient, and durable home to live in.“Many times along the way, we thought ‘Why are we trying to meet this standard to be certified as a passive house?’ ” she told the Times. “And we talked about it a lot and I think we came to the conclusion that we don’t really care about the certification. What we really were interested in was making sure that when we built this house that it would work the way we wanted it to work.”