advertisement scorecard commentary Riyan Parag on helicopter shot vs KKR: No MS Dhoni inspiration, didn’t even practice itRiyan Parag played a wide range of shots during his match-winning knock of 31-ball 47 for Rajasthan Royals against Kolkata Knight Riders on Thursday. He came up with an helicopter shot during his composed knock that helped Royals seal two crucial points graphs Akshay Ramesh KolkataApril 26, 2019UPDATED: April 26, 2019 12:35 IST IPL 2019: 17-year-old Riyan Parag has scored 110 runs from four matches so far (IANS Photo)HIGHLIGHTSRiyan Parag smashed 2 sixes and 5 boundaries during his match-winning knockRR beat KKR by 3 wickets after successfully gunning down a 176-run targetVarun Aaron shone with the ball on his comeback to IPL cricket with two crucial wickets17-year-old Riyan Parag has certainly made a strong impression in the limited opportunities that has come his way in Indian Premier League (IPL) 2019. The Rajasthan Royals wonderkid has shown tremendous composure in crunch situations and has already played a couple of match-winning knocks in the season.On Thursday, Riyan Parag was at it again as he top-scored for Rajasthan Royals with a 31-ball 47 to help the team gun down a 176-run target against Kolkata Knight Riders at the Eden Gardens.In front of a 60,000-strong crowd, Riyan Parag held his nerves and wonderfully led Rajasthan’s chase after they lost their star batsmen, including captain Smith and Ben Stokes cheaply.RR got off to a flyer, thanks to Ajinkya Rahane and Sanju Samson’s aggressive approach at the top. However, KKR spinners Piyush Chawla and Sunil Narine struck in regular intervals to leave RR reeling at 98 for 5.Riyan Parag was handed an early reprieve by Sunil Narine but the youngster did well to make use of the extra opportunity and stitched a 25-run stand with Shreyas Gopal and then a 44-run stand with Jofra Archer.Riyan Parag hit two sixes and five boundaries and maintained a strike rate of over 150 in Rajasthan’s successful chase.Parag played a wide range of shots but his helicopter shot against KKR pacer Prithviraj in the 10th over has grabbed a lot of eyeballs. The teengar executed the shot that is commonly associated with MS Dhoni to perfection and fetched a boundary.However, Riyan Parag said there was no inspiration for the helicopter shot he played on Thursday from MS Dhoni and even revealed he never practiced the much-talked-about shot.advertisement”I just hi it. There’s no inspiration behind that. I have played it a few times in the state matches as well. I was waiting for a short ball but he bowled a length ball. I just went through it. There’s wasn’t any inspiration. I hadn’t prepared for it. I didn’t even practice for it,” Riyan Parag told Rajasthan pacer Varun Aaron during a candid chat for IPLT20.com.Riyan Parag was disappointed when he got out hit wicket in the 19th over of the chase. In the tense chase, Royals needed 9 runs from the last over but a calm Jofra Archer sealed the deal for the visitors with a four and then a six off the first two balls of the 20th over.Stressing that Archer and himself had spoken about being positive throughout their 44-run stand, Riyan Parag said: “As soon I played the shot, I hit the bail with my bat, I knew that I was out and I kept walking. But Archer and I were saying positive things to each other. I knew he would finish it and he did it in style.”Varun Aaron walked away with the Man of the Match award in his first match for Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2019. The India pacer bowled with a lot of steam and got the big wickets of Chris Lynn and Shubman Gill with inswingers to dent Kolkata Knight Riders early.Speaking about the knuckle ball that got Gill, Aaron said: “I have been bowling that for a while now. It came out really well today. It was an important match for us an I am glad it came out really well.”Also Read | 17-year-old Riyan Parag wins thriller for RR, KKR lose 6 in a rowAlso Read | Riyan Parag from Assam wins hearts with his runs, simplicity and GamusaAlso See:For sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byAkshay Ramesh Tags :Follow Riyan ParagFollow Shubman GillFollow Varun AaronFollow Rajasthan RoyalsFollow Kolkata Knight RidersFollow MS DhoniFollow IPL 2019 No data available! view more view less
“This is the first time in several years we have been able to use the Nile River to deliver food across the border between Sudan and South Sudan, and we are grateful to everyone who made it possible to re-open this vital supply line,” said WFP Acting South Sudan Country Director Stephen Kearney. “This will make an enormous difference in our efforts to bring food assistance to people in critical need.”River transport of humanitarian supplies across the Sudanese-South Sudanese border ground to a halt in 2011 after the border’s closure following South Sudan’s independence. Its resumption – made possible by collaboration between the two governments – will now permit the UN and its agencies to deliver much-needed humanitarian cargo to thousands of South Sudanese civilians displaced by the country’s ongoing civil conflict. The UN agency noted that river shipping is not only extremely cost effective but helps to reduce dependence on air operations, which costs six to seven times as much as moving food by river and road. The initial shipment will now deliver a total of 450 metric tons of food for the towns of Renk and Wadakona, in South Sudan’s Upper Nile state, and is expected to provide food for an estimated 28,000 people over the following month. An additional 21,000 metric tons of food is expected to follow in the coming days.In an interview with UN Radio, Challiss McDonough, a WFP spokeswoman, warned that the food security situation in the country remained “very precarious” amid continued fighting and the increasing mass displacement of civilians fleeing the violence. The UN has, in fact, estimated that some 2.5 million people could be in need of food assistance in the first three months of 2015, especially if hostilities in the country continue through the dry season. “It is a very delicate situation and we are very concerned that if the fighting continues in the New Year that we could be looking at a continued threat of a hunger catastrophe,” explained Ms. McDonough. “The river corridor from Sudan is something that has not been available to us for the last several years so we’re very pleased that the two governments have made it possible to reopen this very critical supply line.”The security situation in South Sudan has been steadily deteriorating since political in-fighting between South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir and his former deputy, Riek Machar, started in mid-December 2013. The hostilities subsequently turned into a full-fledged conflict that has sent nearly 100,000 civilians fleeing to UNMISS bases around the country. The crisis has uprooted an estimated 1.9 million people and placed more than 7 million at risk of hunger and disease.As a result, the country has experienced several intense bouts of violence over the past few months, including an incident in which the UN base in Bentiu came under fire resulting in the wounding of one child. Meanwhile, a prior attack caused hundreds of people to seek shelter at the nearest airport. Approximately 340 civilians took shelter with UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) troops, and then were escorted to safety.